Monday, November 1, 2010

Crap, now I have to purchase travel insurance...

John & I are almost completely done planning our trip in September 2011, which is now officially less than a year away! We are skipping town on September 13; leaving sunny PA for our half way point in Florence, South Carolina. The drive is going to look something like this:

 570 mi. - 10 Hours
I'm pretty sure the road is purple and everything! We are spending the night at The Hilton Garden Inn, which I am proud to say is numero uno on TripAdvisor. I prefer to stay at the nicer places when you are in Podunk, USA and stay at crappier places in Tourist City, America. We booked a whirpool room because it was only 10 bucks more. Yes, I'm aware its a HGI, but I'm keeping my expectations low. As long as it doesn't look like this, I'll be cool:


The morning of the 14th, we're back on the road, heading to good old Orlando to check out the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Oh, Hello there. 

We'll be staying at the Royal Pacific Hotel on property for 2 nights.  Not only is it the cheapest of the 3, but it is the only one I haven't stayed at. As Michael Scott would say: Win-Win! Then, we are driving through the swamps on Florida to Ft. Lauderdale.  We're going to stay one night at the new Hyatt Place near the cruise port. According to google, it's 2 u-turns and the farthest thing from a straight line drive to the port. 


On the 17th we are boarding the (present) biggest ship on Earth; the Oasis of the Seas.  It will be my 5th Royal Caribbean cruise & John's first. I've never cruised with a boyfriend before.  I've cruised twice with my sister and twice with friends.  This will be interesting. Anyhow, we'll be rocking out on that baby for 7 nights.  On the way home, we'll stay at the same HGI in Florence half way. No fun min-trips on the way home. :(

Here are some shots of my on previous cruises with RCCL: 



















No comments: