Monday, January 25, 2010

My House

John and I were looking for a house for the LONGEST time. (Maybe like 6 months.) But we looked at over 60 houses and it seemed a lot longer. We had a very specific type in mind. A piece of crap cheap foreclosure. You would think there is a lot. And there is. However, I'm not paying full price for it. So it was hard. We eventually found this gem in a neighborhood we were very interested in. Not a good school system but we are SO not to that point in our lives. (Hey Bud, where's the RING?) Anyway, here are some pics.....
Gorgeous right? ;) We snatched that baby right up!

Well, then it looked like this:
And then it looked like this:

(New windows, roof, door, siding, etc..)

The inside looked a little like this:
(I am going to progress the pictures in the same fashion, section by section.)
(John's Mom & Realtor. This is literally what it looked like. You're lucky you can't smell it.)
And now...


How about the gorgeous kitchen?
Yummy! I wanna eat in there...
(Ikea Kitchen.)
Yes, that is a tiny bat hanging over the sink. Don't ask.

Now for the dining room. You can see a little of it in the first photos.
I didn't take before shots of everything but here's more shots:

This is going to be the man cave/den.
"After" shots to come when room is completed.

Oh, can't forget the bathrooms:
(Expanded.)
and


And the bedroom:


"After" shots to come when I feel like cleaning it.


(My then-preggers sister.)
And now a BABY!
(That fits the before & after theme of this blog right? Ok, moving on.)


Upstairs bedroom which is now my studio, office.


That's all I've got for now. More to come...

2 comments:

BOSSY said...

Wow, beautiful, awesome. Bossy has done so many home improvement projects at this point, in SO MANY HOUSES, it almost made her a little nauseous to read this post, but it was also delightful! Or at least the outcome is!

KillerB said...

Wow, your hard work paid off-- the "after" shots look amazing. What a lovely home you have.